Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Greta

A few days ago my family and I had to put down our dog Greta. Greta was our only dog and we had her for about fourteen or fifth teen years. She was probably one of the best dogs out there even if she used to run away from us when she was a young puppy. I practically grew up with Greta because when we got her from the dog place I was about two, my sister was about four and my brother was five.  We all loved her very much even though when she hit her old ages she got very deaf and blind. Sometimes Greta didn’t even want to go outside to go to the bathroom because she must have forgot where she was at the time. When Greta was a little dog we would let her run outside but until we found out she doesn’t come back when she would run loose she was always tied up or on a leash. In order to get Greta back on her leash we would have to chase her with the four wheeler so then she would run in the house because she was terrified. It sounds bad but that was the only way she would come back to us. Don’t get me wrong she was also very sweet even though she wanted to run away all the time. Greta loved my grandparents. For some reason every time they would come over she would know who they were and get so excited!! Since my grandparents found out they were her favorite my grandma would bring over treats for her. I remember back in the day I would teach Greta to sit down and lay down and if she did it I would give her a treat. If I could I wish I could bring her back and make my dad happy again.

No comments:

Post a Comment