Monday, November 8, 2010

11/8-11/12 Thanksgiving Tradition

One holiday that my family and I love very much would be thanksgiving. Thanksgiving is a time where my whole family including my mom’s side and my grandparents on my dad’s side get together to have a huge dinner. The best part about thanksgiving is eating so much with your family and just having fun. Since my mom is such a good cook every night the food is always so good but at thanksgiving you get a variety of foods to choose from. Some of the foods my mom makes are corn bread, which is so good, mashed potatoes which are incredibly delicious, and sweet potatoes which are fantastic. Every year we either go to my grandmas on my mom’s side or go to my house. This year my mom picked to have it at my house. Usually my mom will bake about three or four pies consisting of pumpkin, peanut butter, and apple. The whole family’s favorite is usually pumpkin or apple, I would have to say peanut butter or pumpkin is my favorite. The other best part of thanksgiving is hanging out with my cousins who are the same age as me and my sister. Even though I do see Jaimie in school, I don’t really get to talk or hang out with her cause we are too busy doing school work and not in the same class as each other. Plus her sister, jess I never see either. Overall, spending quality and much needed time with them is absolutely amazing. Thanksgiving is a great way to say thanks and spend as much time as possible with the family!

No comments:

Post a Comment